B.S.E. Chemical Engineering, Princeton University, 2002
M.Eng. Chemical Engineering, Princeton University, 2003
Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, 2010
Post-doc. Chemical Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2010-2012
- A. Walter Tyson Assistant Professorship Award
- AIChE Student Chapter Advisor’s Honor Roll Award (Level II)
- Rutgers School of Engineering Teaching Excellence Award
- Fellow, Summer Institute for Preparing Future Faculty, UC Berkeley
- Chevron-Berkeley Fellowship, UC Berkeley
- Richard J. Kokes Travel Award, North American Catalysis Society
- Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor Award, UC Berkeley
- Citation for Outstanding Teaching, UC Berkeley
- Princeton Option Master of Engineering Scholarship, Princeton University
- Richard K. Toner Thermodynamics Prize, Princeton University
- Elected to Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society
- Heterogeneous Catalysis for Energy Applications
- Reaction Engineering
- Materials Synthesis
- Quantum and Computational Chemistry
- Fourier-Transform Infrared
- X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy, Energy and Environmental Systems
- F.E. Celik, M. Mavrikakis, Stability of Surface and Subsurface Hydrogen on and in Au/Ni Near-Surface Alloys.Surf. Sci. (2015) doi:10.1016/j.susc.2015.01.001 (in press).
- A.N. Mlinar, P.M. Zimmerman, F.E. Celik, M. Head-Gordon, A.T. Bell, Effects of Brønsted-Acid Site Proximity on the Oligomerization of Propene in H-MFI. J. Catal. 288 (2012) 65-73.
- T. Kim, F.E. Celik, D.G. Hanna, S. Shylesh, S. Werner, A.T. Bell, Gas-Phase Hydroformylation of Propene over Silica-Supported PPh3-Modified Rhodium Catalysts. Top. Catal. 54 (2011) 299-307.
- F.E. Celik, T. Kim, A.N. Mlinar, A.T. Bell, An Investigation of the Mechanism and Kinetics of Dimethoxymethane Carbonylation over FAU and MFI Zeolites. J. Catal. 274 (2010) 150-162.
- F.E. Celik, T. Kim, A.T. Bell, Effect of Zeolite Framework and Si/Al Ratio on Dimethoxymethane Carbonylation.J. Catal. 270 (2010) 185-195.
- F.E. Celik, T. Kim, A.T. Bell, Vapor-Phase Carbonylation of Dimethoxymethane over H-Faujasite. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 48 (2009) 4813-4815.
- E.D. Larson, H. Jin, F.E. Celik, Large-Scale Gasification-Based Coproduction of Fuels and Electricity from Switchgrass. Biofuels, Bioprod. Bioref. 3 (2009) 174-194.
- H. Jin, E.D. Larson, F.E. Celik, Performance and Cost Analysis of Future, Commercially-Mature Gasification-Based Electric Power Generation from Switchgrass. Biofuels, Bioprod. Bioref. 3 (2009) 142-173.
- F.E. Celik, H. Lawrence, A.T. Bell, Synthesis of Precursors to Ethylene Glycol from Formaldehyde and Methyl Formate Catalyzed by Heteropoly Acids. J. Mol. Catal. A: Chem. 288 (2008) 87-96.