- Ph.D. in Physics, Duke University, USA (2002).
- M.A. in Physics, Duke University, USA (1999).
- M.Sc. In Physics, Indian Institute of Technology, India (1996).
- B.Sc. In Physics, University of Delhi, India (1994).
2011 - present, Assistant Professor
Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Rutgers The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway
2009 - 2011 Postdoctoral Research Associate
Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering, University of Pittsburgh
2007 - 2009 Postdoctoral Research Associate
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
2002 - 2007 Postdoctoral Research Associate
Pfizer Institute of Pharmaceutical Materials Science, University of Cambridge, UK
2004 – 2007 M. Phil Supervisor
Department of Materials Science and Metallurgy, University of Cambridge, UK
2005 – 2007 Undergraduate College Supervisor
Fitzwilliam College, University of Cambridge, UK
1998 – 2002 Research Assistant
1996 - 1998 Teaching Assistant
- Particulate Systems
- Static & fluidized powder beds; compressed dense powder packings; fine particles.
- Self-organization of particles.
- Soft Materials
- Integration of biological and synthetic macromolecules via self-, directed- and spontaneous assembly.
- Interactions of lipid bilayer membranes & vesicles with charged colloids & nanoparticles.
- Bio-inspired materials; Biomaterials; Biological Materials.
- Mechanical properties of biological materials.
- Materials Science in Medicine and Drug Delivery
- Functionalized Surfaces
- Hydrogen production for energy, photocatalytic water splitting.
- Sensing applications.
- Water purification.
- Computational Science
- Harnessing multiple computational techniques to resolve the multiscale behavior of soft materials.
- Algorithmic development for simulation and data analysis.
- Design of PAMAM-COO Dendron-Grafted Surfaces to Promote Pb(II) Ion Adsorption
Leebyn Chong and Meenakshi Dutt, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics 2015. DOI: 10.1039/C5CP00309A
- The Design of Shape-Tunable Hairy Vesicles
Fikret Aydin, Geetartha Uppaladadium and Meenakshi Dutt, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 2015. DOI: 10.1016/j.colsurfb.2015.01.049
- Designing Soft Nanomaterials via the Self Assembly of Functionalized Icosahedral Viral Capsid Nanoparticles
Vidyalakshmi Chockalingam Muthukumar, Leebyn Chong and Meenakshi Dutt, J. Materials Research 2014. DOI: 10.1557/jmr.2014.346
- Computer Simulations of Fluid Flow over Catalytic Surfaces for Water Splitting
L. Chong, M. Dutt, Applied Surface Science 2014. DOI: 10.1016/j.apsusc.2014.08.172
- Bioinspired Vesicles Encompassing Two-Tail Phospholipids: Self-Assembly and Phase Segregation via Implicit Solvent Coarse-Grained Molecular Dynamics
F. Aydin, M. Dutt, J. Phys. Chem. B 2014. DOI: 10.1021/jp503376r
- Phase segregation in bio-inspired multi-component vesicles encompassing double tail phospholipid species
F. Aydin, P. Ludford, M. Dutt, Soft Matter 2014. DOI: 10.1039/C4SM00998C
- Computational Design of Multi-component Bio-Inspired Bilayer Membranes
E. Koufos, B. Muralidharan, M. Dutt, AIMS Press Materials Science 2014, 1(2), 103. doi:10.3934/matersci.2014.1.103
- Granular Dynamics Simulations of the Effect of Grain Size Dispersity on Uniaxially Compacted Powder Blends
M. Dutt, J.A. Elliott, Granular Matter, DOI: 10.1007/s10035-013-0463-3
- Nano-pipette directed transport of nanotube transmembrane channels and hybrid vesicles
M. Dutt, O. Kuksenok, A.C. Balazs, Nanoscale 2013, 5(20), 9773. DOI: 10.1039/C3NR33991B
- Design of Nanostructured Hybrid Inorganic-biological Materials via Self-assembly
E. Koufos, M. Dutt, MRS Spring 2013 Conference Proceedings.
- Design and Characterization of Nanostructured Biomaterials via the Self-assembly of Lipids
P. Ludford, F. Aydin, M. Dutt, MRS Fall 2012 Conference Proceedings.
- Designing Tunable Bio-nanostructured Materials via Self-assembly of Amphiphilic Lipids and Functionalized Nanotubes
M. Dutt, O. Kuksenok, S.R. Little, A.C. Balazs, MRS Spring 2012 Conference Proceedings.
- Interactions of End-functionalized Nanotubes with Lipid Vesicles: Spontaneous Insertion and Nanotube Self-organization
M. Dutt, M.J. Nayhouse, O. Kuksenok, S.R. Little, A.C. Balazs, special issue on Molecular Simulation of Nano-particle/ Lipid-Membrane Interactions in Current Nanoscience. (in press)
- Modeling of the Self-assembly of Lipids and Nanotubes in Solution: Forming Vesicles and Bicelles with Trans-Membrane Nanotube Channels
M. Dutt, O. Kuksenok, M.J.Nayhouse, S.R. Little, A.C. Balazs, ACS Nano 2011, DOI: 10.1021/nn201260r.
- Forming Trans-membrane Channels Using End-Functionalized Nanotubes
M. Dutt, O. Kuksenok, S.R. Little, A.C. Balazs, Nanoscale 2011, DOI: 10.1039/C0NR00578A
- Numerical Model for Ultra-fine Particles in the Absence and Presence of Gravity
Meenakshi Dutt and J.A. Elliott, Powders and Grains 2009: Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Micromechanics of Granular Media vol. 1145, p. 101 (2009)
- The Effect of Particle Size Dispersity in Dense Granular Packings on the Void Structure and the Interparticle Contact Frictional State
Meenakshi Dutt and J.A. Elliott, Powders and Grains 2009: Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Micromechanics of Granular Media vol. 1145, p. 803 (2009)
- A Particle-Substrate Numerical Model for a quasi-2D Driven Dissipative Granular Gas
Meenakshi Dutt and R.P. Behringer, Powders and Grains 2009: Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Micromechanics of Granular Media vol. 1145, p.1112 (2009)
- An extension of the DL\_POLY granular dynamics code to study ultra-fine particulate ensembles
M. Dutt, B.C. Hancock, A.C. Bentham, J.A. Elliott, submitted.
- Influence of particle size dispersity on frictional frustration in dense compressed dense packings
M. Dutt, B. Hancock, C. Bentham, J. Elliott, submitted.
- Dynamically Tessellating Algorithm for Analysis of Pore Size Distribution in Particle Agglomerates
M. Benedict, M. Dutt, J.A. Elliott, Physica A 378, 465 (2007)
- Effects of surface friction on a two-dimensional granular system: numerical model of a granular collider experiment
M. Dutt, R.P. Behringer, Physical Review E 75, 021305 (2007)
- Granular templating: effects of boundary structure on particle packings generated by simultaneous shear and compression
M. Dutt, B.C. Hancock, A.C. Bentham, J.A. Elliott, Europhysics Letters 77, 18001 (2007)
- Microstructural Studies of Dense Granular Media \& Their Importance to the Pharmaceutical Industry
M. Dutt, J.A. Elliott, International Congress of Industrial and Applied Mathematics 2007, Proceedings in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (in press).
- Applications of DL\_POLY to modeling of mesoscopic particulate systems
J.A. Elliott, M. Benedict, M. Dutt, Molecular Simulations 32, 1113 (2006)
- Investigation of particle packing in model pharmaceutical powders using x-ray microtomography and discrete element method
X.W. Fu, M. Dutt, A.C. Bentham, B.C. Hancock, R.E. Cameron, J. A. Elliott, Powder Technology 167, 134 (2006)
- An implementation of granular dynamics for simulating frictional elastic particles based on the DL_POLY code
M. Dutt, C. Bentham, B. Hancock, J. A. Elliott, Computer Physics Communications 166, 26 (2005)
- Quantitative analysis of packed and compacted granular system by X-ray microtomography
X.W. Fu, G.E. Milroy, M. Dutt, A.C. Bentham, B.C. Hancock, J.A. Elliott, Medical Imaging 2005: Image Processing, Proceedings of the Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers (SPIE) 5747 Pt. 1-3, 1955-1964 (2005)
- The Granular Collider: Particle-Substrate Model and the Numerical Experiment
M. Dutt, R.P. Behringer, Powders and Grains 2005, ed. R. Garcia-Rojo, H.J. Herrmann, S. McNamara, Balkema, Rotterdam, 2005.
- Effects of Size Polydispersity on Pharmaceutical Particle Packings
C. Bentham, M. Dutt, B. Hancock, J. Elliott, Powders and Grains 2005, ed. R. Garcia-Rojo, H.J. Herrmann, S. McNamara, Balkema, Rotterdam, 2005.
- Studies of Particle Packings in Mixtures of Pharmaceutical Excipients
M. Dutt, B. Hancock, C. Bentham, J. Elliott, Powders and Grains 2005, ed. R. Garcia-Rojo, H.J. Herrmann, S. McNamara, Balkema, Rotterdam, 2005.
- Ordered Packing Induced by Simultaneous Shear and Compaction
B. Hancock, M. Dutt, C. Bentham, J. Elliott, Powders and Grains 2005, ed. R. Garcia-Rojo, H.J. Herrmann, S. McNamara, Balkema, Rotterdam, 2005.
- Porosity Determination in Mesoscale Simulations using Artificial Intelligence Technique
M. Benedict, M. Dutt, J. Elliott, Proceedings of the Intelligent Processing and Manufacturing of Materials 2005.
- Effects of Surface Friction on a Two Dimensional Granular System: Cooling Bound System
M. Dutt, R.P. Behringer, Physical Review E 70, 061304 (2004).
- Energy Dissipation and Clustering for a Cooling Granular Material on a Substrate
B. Painter, M. Dutt and R.P. Behringer, Physica D 175, 43 (2003)