Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
- Ph.D., Physics, Duke University, USA, 2002
- M.A., Physics, Duke University, USA, 1999
- M.Sc., Physics, Indian Institute of Technology, India, 1996
- B.Sc., Physics, University of Delhi, India 1994
- NSF CAREER Award, 2017
- ACS COMP OpenEye Outstanding Junior Faculty Award, 2015
- 2011-Present Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Rutgers The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway
- 2009-2011 Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering, University of Pittsburgh
- 2007-2009 Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- 2002-2007 Postdoctoral Research Associate, Pfizer Institute of Pharmaceutical Materials Science, University of Cambridge, UK
- 2004-2007 M. Phil Supervisor, Department of Materials Science and Metallurgy, University of Cambridge, UK
- 2005-2007 Undergraduate College Supervisor, Fitzwilliam College, University of Cambridge, UK
- 1998-2002 Research Assistant, Duke University
- 1996-1998 Teaching Assistant, Duke University
- Particulate Systems
- Static & fluidized powder beds; compressed dense powder packings; fine particles.
- Self-organization of particles.
- Soft Materials
- Integration of biological and synthetic macromolecules via self-, directed- and spontaneous assembly.
- Interactions of lipid bilayer membranes & vesicles with charged colloids & nanoparticles.
- Bio-inspired materials; Biomaterials; Biological Materials.
- Mechanical properties of biological materials.
- Materials Science in Medicine and Drug Delivery
- Functionalized Surfaces
- Hydrogen production for energy, photocatalytic water splitting.
- Sensing applications.
- Water purification.
- Computational Science
- Harnessing multiple computational techniques to resolve the multiscale behavior of soft materials.
- Algorithmic development for simulation and data analysis.