- Postdoc., Chemical Engineering, University of California, Davis, USA, 1999-2002
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, MIT, USA, 2000
- A.B., Physics, Harvard University, USA, 1993
- James D. Watson Investigator Award, NYSTAR, 2004-2006
- Sigma Xi Research Society, 1995-2001
- 2008-Present, Associate Professor, Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ.
- 2002-2008, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, Columbia University, New York, NY.
- 1999-2002 Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, University of California, Davis, CA.
Advisors: Robert L. Powell, Ronald J. Phillips, and Stephanie R. Dungan
- 1993-1999 Research Assistant, Department of Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA.
Ph.D. thesis title: Laser Doppler velocimetry measurements of particle velocity fluctuations in a concentrated suspension.
Advisors: Robert C. Armstrong and Robert A. Brown
Multiphase fluid mechanics and rheology, imaging (nuclear magnetic resonance imaging), micro and nanoencapsulation, biopolymer colloids, health, and environmental applications.