This year, the 2016 AIChE Annual Conference met in San Francisco, during November 13 -18, 2016. Several of our undergraduates participated in the Poster Competition and won unique awards.
In total, we had 17 undergraduates attend the conference (a record!), which included 13 presenters.
The 3 Undergraduate Forum speakers were: Dima Ruckodanov (PI: Prof. Niemark), Subham Rustagi (PI: Prof. Glasser), and Jing Wang (PI: Prof. Zhang).
The 10 Student Poster Competition presenters were: Ayman Saleh, Rachel Yang, Nicholas Townsend Haas, Nour Srouji, Vyshnavi Karra, Safia Shaikh, Sarah Libring, Jonah Williams, Jonathan Shi, and Kenneth Zong.
Of the 10 students that participated in the Poster Competition, we came away with 5 awards (again, a record!).
1. Aymen Saleh (PI: Prof. Tsilomelekis): 1st Place, Catalysis and Reaction Engineering Division
2. Rachel Yang (PI: Prof. Celik): 2nd Place, Catalysis and Reaction Engineering Division
3. Vyshnavi Karra (PI: Prof. Dutt): 2nd Place, Materials Engineering and Sciences Division
4. Nicholas Townsend Haas (PI: Prof. Ierapetritou): 3rd Place, Computing and Process Control Division
5. Jonah Williams (PI: Prof. Dismukes): UOP Scale-Up Essay Contest Award Winner
Congratulations to the entire AIChE team for going above and beyond this year!